Monday, June 26, 2006

SHORT-SHORTS: Just Saying Hello

Jenny (Prewett) and David Dearman's son Daniel is with a Guard unit from the Fort Smith area. His unit is currently training at Camp Shelby near Hattiesburg, MS, in preparation for going overseas,destination unknown. They would appreciate hearing from friends at this uncertain time. Their address is: ddearman@cox.net. Posted July 13, 2006

Frances Walker (McCampbell)FCHS '58... I just 'ran up on' this blog spot. Who put it up? I think you are older than I am, but just wondered. I've enjoyed reading the posts.

Sula says... Hi Frances, read the first post for the story of how it started...Class of 68 folks...glad you like it... Post some stories, we'd love to hear them!

Pat Flanagin: Keep me posted. I like to keep up with the “In Crowd”, my nickname for Dora’s age group when we were growing up, and other escapees from F. C.


Looking for Dora Flanagin
Preston says: [Dora], Really enjoyed reading your comments on Forrest City...What is going on with you these days? I currently live in Milwaukee, WI.

Dora Flanagin....This is Preston....Really enjoyed reading your comments on Forrest City...What is going on with you these days? I currently live in Milwaukee, WI.Dora says...Hey Preston! What are you doing in Wi.? You know I am a Green Bay Packer fan! Is your grandmother still living? I always did like her. I have not seen you since I was at the hospital working back in 86!

Looking For Paul Gibson
Janet Griffith: Greetings from the Mississippi Delta! This is the first day that I've looked at the "Peach Fuzz Chronicles" and I saw your name. I'm really looking for my old friend, your sister, Loretta. We were friends a million years ago and lost touch. Are you living in CA? David Danehower is out there somewhere. (I sat by him on a plane a while back) And who is it that's living in FL? SUJO? I've been living in FL too, although, I'm living off Old Madison Road right now . . . not too far from Sue Ann Drive . . . ring a bell? It's a long story . . . Anyway, I'm Janet Griffith and my email address is jangriffi@aol.com. Please give my address to Loretta the next time you talk. YES! Patsy Griffith is my young aunt. The other side of my family are The Merrell Family . . . grandchildren of Carl's Courts Edmondson. (Cathy, Sherri and Kem Merrell, to be exact) You and I have met, but I wouldn't expect you to remember me. Please tell Loretta to write me and tell Mariann hello too! Thanks in advance

My Mother Found This
John Beane: How could it be that my mother found this blog for me? Aren't I the one who helps her with her computer on every visit? She is still using free dial up for goodness sakes!
I am very glad she sent me the address. Carl's Courts. The Imperial. I would love to see a picture of Faupel's or more of downtown.
My mother would be proud of me, John Beane, in Punta Gorda, FL.
We were just back home two weeks ago to visit and many things have not changed while many more things have changed in not so friendly ways. However, the FCCC golf course looks better than ever, although I still didn't break 80.
I will submit some stories and share the site with others. It should be fun!

My Forrest City Memories
Jo: Hey everyone! Good to read the memories that you all have. They are all so very precious, aren't they? I still get the "warm fuzzies" when I think of all the fun we all had during high school especially The WHBQ, WMPS stations that I listened to at night on my transistor radio . They were my link to the outside world. I loved reading teen mags and writing in my diary in code so my little sister, Jan, wouldn't "read and tell". Beatles, Animals, Roy Orbison, Yard Birds, Dusty Springfield, Stones and on and on. What a great time to be a teenager!!! Smoking cigs, pooling our money for gas that was about 40 or 50 cents a gallon. Driving round and round Faupels, driving round Hilltop Dairy Bar, spending countless hours baking in the sun at Carl's Courts. Swim all day for a buck!! Wow! I will be here all night if I keep on writing. Will add more later. Jo


Your turn: Comment (below), Blog (at right) or Email

ForrestCityMemories@Yahoo.com


4 Comments:

Blogger Peach Fuzz said...

Speaking of "hang-outs", does anyone remember how "up-town" we felt when we were treated to dinner at Watkins? Eating out wasn't as common then as it is now and going out was such a treat! My dad would call it treating mom special on "her day"--Mother's day or her birthday--to take the whole family out to eat at Watkins. I believe the family who owned or managed the restaurant were the Paul Graves' family.
Bogie

Sun Jul 09, 04:14:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember Dean's Restaurant? It was south on Washington across from the entrance to Forrest Hills subdivision....fried fish and great pies!

Fri Jul 14, 08:50:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet Griffth, it is good to see your name. Glad to hear you are doing well. I remember Loretta. She probably doesn't remember me because I was a year younger. Does anyone know where Stephanie Simmons is now? I would really like to talk to her. If anyone knows where she is please have her email me: jeannie.espey@novartis.com.
Someone asked about Dean's. We loved their fish but their slaw was an original that we have never been able to duplicate or find anywhere else!

Sat Jul 22, 02:05:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Deans. Do you remember the lie catfish in the pond like deal in the front of the building?

Tue Jul 25, 03:59:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home