Thursday, July 13, 2006

Nicknames

Can you add to this list?

Bogie, Hoot, Jimbo, Pokey, Doonie, Tally, Junie, Pud, Dee, B, Gee, Tish...
Rat, Biscuit, Hooker, Dogger, Toad, Pinky, Booger , Binky
Grill, Prune, Raisin,Turtle, Turkey, Gert, Sassy, Buddy,Wiggy, Poot
Redbird, Choo-Choo, Bomba,

Shovel (Steve Taylor: I've been married to "Shovel" for 35 years.....still has some steam!!! )
Hank, Mack, Skipper, Buzz,
Whacker
Ox, Moose (several)
Bear, Bull
Cissy, Jiggy
Spider, Speck
Lukie, Smif, J. Fred Muggs, Ears, Starchie, Bubba, Chee Chee, Butch, Four Door, Goat, Pinkie (the big, tall, fightin' kind of Pinkie), Wally Proo, Imma, Legs, Mitt, Possum, Sambo
Nimrod, Anna Clodda, Stump, Lolo, J
(pronounced Hea - like the J in spanish), Bonita, Nasty, Roach, Mo

QUAIL
Monk. (I believe Jim Finch had a great nickname! He signed my yearbook "Monk"!! Bogie)
PIERRE
The EEL

* Click on Comments to talk about who they are and how they got their nickname.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, "Pinky"--to me he's Mr. Personality! The class of '62 knows what I mean!

Thu Jul 13, 09:28:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wasnt bomba that kid on the tarzan movie??? i can remember coach elsass calling Paul Hoot Gibson.

Fri Jul 14, 09:10:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ox and Moose--the Montgomery brothers

Mon Jul 17, 11:45:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spider (male class of '65) and Spider (female class of '68) brother and sister. Coach Elsau gave each one this nickname and he was the only one who ever used it for the sister.

Thu Jul 20, 09:41:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Widewader said...

Bogie, Bogie, Bogie! Your memory is slipping. Girl, Jim Williams was "Monk." I don't remember Jimmy Finch ever having a nickname. But, it was definitely "Monk" Williams. I saw him at the 2000(1) Reunion at FC. He looked like he could put on the pads and go.

Sun Oct 22, 04:45:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butch!!
You are so right! (I knew that!) Williams is exactly who I had in mind when I wrote Finch! (That excuse always works!) I wish you could see my yearbook--he wrote "You were lucky! Monk was here!" I always questioned WHY I was sooooooooo lucky!! Someone (not me, I really don't know who!!) came along and put an "un-" in front of "lucky"! Do you suppose they knew something I didn't? Was it you?
As a matter of fact, the 1960 yearbook is probably my favorite of all 4 years I was in FCHS. Everyone in your class wrote such great and meaningful things...................
"Best wishes", "Lots of luck", "Best of luck, always", "To a very nice girl", etc, etc!!
But there are a few really great quotes: Tommy Schmitz wrote, " Like today, you are a pest, tomorrow, well that's another day, but I'll bet you'll still be wondering what's happening today." (I must have caught him at the pool that summer of '60) "To my neighbor down the street--gimme a light!" Danny Harrellson. (That was a private joke!)
Mimi wrote, "It has really been fun being associated with you this year. You are really a darling girl with a good personality. Best Wishes. Love."
See what I mean? The class of '60 rocks!! (Of course, the class of '62 rocks too!!)
Bogie

Fri Nov 03, 04:53:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone tell me, what ever happend to a guy called the Rat. I don't remeber his real name. I think his year was 67 or 68. I would like to contact him.

Fri Nov 10, 05:58:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rat was Denny Jarrat in class of 66

Mon Nov 13, 05:55:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and there was a rat named David Almond in class of 68 too

Mon Nov 13, 05:55:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home